About Prevent Child Abuse Tennessee
Prevent Child Abuse Tennessee is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing the abuse and neglect of Tennessee’s children by working with parents, professionals, and communities to provide education, resources, and services that strengthen families.
Our organization was established in 1984 as Parents Anonymous, providing parent support through weekly groups and a 24hour Helpline throughout the state. In 1998 we became the Tennessee Chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America, changing our name to Prevent Child Abuse Tennessee. In 2000 PCAT became a founding member of the National Family Support Roundtable and brought the Circle of Parents concept to Tennessee. As a chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America and a member of the National Family Support Roundtable, we receive national support in the areas of advocacy, public awareness, and research.
2010-2012 Board of Directors
- Jessica Hooper, President – Honeycutt, Guin and Hooper, PLLC
- Evelyn Cotton, Vice President – Hospital Corporation of America
- Elizabeth Hedges , Secretary – Logan’s Roadhouse
- Jamie Compton, Treasurer – TN Society of CPA’s
- Brooks Smith, Past President – Bradley, Arant, Boult, Cummings LLC
- Bethany Davis – News Channel 5
- Nikylan Donato-Knapper – Knapper Law
- Lynn Lawyer – Leitner, Williams, Dooley, Napolitan, PLLC
- Walker Willse – Colliers, Turley, Martin, Tucker
- Sonya Stanley – Stanley Photography
- Anita Vines–Community Advocate
- Victoria Bowling–Public Defender, Anderson County